Some facts about the Aidoni barrel:
• A body of grenadilla wood.
• An internal plastic tube for the bore, which is factory-milled to the highest possible precision.
• The bore is of a reverse tapered type.
• Four different Aidoni barrel bores are available: Original bore, Medium bore, US bore and the new XB bore (only for Model #499). Please contact us to select the best possible Aidoni bore for your instruments.
• A thin brass ring is fixed around the lower end of the plastic tube to keep the sound more focused and to add stability.
• All parts are made in Sweden.
Why a plastic tube?
• The intonation is more reliable and consistent over all registers than with a wooden barrel.
• The synthetic bore is not as much affected by the warm temperature in the air flow, which makes it easier to maintain the pitch – very useful when quick changes between clarinets are required.
• The material is not affected by moisture or temperature changes – the dimensions of the bore remain constant.
• The sensation is exactly that of playing on a wooden barrel.
Barrel bores for the Aidoni Traditional model:
Original bore (different bores for A and Bb clarinet) has a wide inner dimension in the upper part. This gives resonance and a free, open feeling when playing.
Medium bore (different bores for A and Bb) has a slightly more narrow inner dimension in the upper part. This gives the sound a bit more focus and slightly more resistance.
US bore (same bore for A and Bb) has an even more narrow inner dimension, both in the upper part and in the entire bore. This bore gives even more focus and resistance. The US bore has been created especially for Buffet R13 and clarinetists in USA.
XB-bore – only for Model #499
XB bore (different bores for A and Bb clarinet) is a further development of the Medium bore. Through extensive research, several details in the design as well as in the manufacturing process have been changed and refined. The XB bore is only available for Model #499.
Selmer clarinet customers:
please contact us before making an order: firstname.lastname@example.org